about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

I Think I got High Yesterday...

  I keep forgetting that I am not in Cali anymore.  You can always find a store open no matter what day or holiday it is.  Out here in the Midwest they don't play that...I messed around and needed to go to the grocery store on Easter Sunday, and after a round of my usual procrastinating I finally hopped in the truck to make my way to the store only to discover that all of them were closed... save for Walgreens.

  So after a lot of wishful thinking and wasting my gas I made my way back to the Walgreens that was closest to were I lived, which was a dilemma in and of itself as there is practically a Walgreens on every corner out here. (remind me to tell you about my Walgreens theory later)

  I managed to make a decision on which Walgreens to go to, and once inside it appeared that they saw suckers like me coming as all of the prices were like three times higher than what they normally would be... but it wasn't like I had any other store to go to right.  So there I was walking the aisles and complaining to myself about the prices in my own little world when without warning I was grabbed by the neck and pummeled ruthlessly about the nose by the most horrid smell.  It was the smell of stinky skunk smelling weed smoke!    

  It was as if the wearer of the smell had taken a bath in Au De Cannabis.  I tried to get away by walking in the other direction but the smell was so strong it seemed to follow me around.  I was frantically running up and down the aisles and every time I turned a corner there were the culprits in all of the malodorous glory!

  After twenty minutes of evasive maneuvers I saw an opening at the cash register and made a run for it, and wouldn't you know it the line seemed to come to a stop as soon as I got in it.  I kept looking over my shoulder and praying and sending mental signals to the cashier to move faster so that I could get outta there before those weed eaters showed up with that horrid smell again.  

  I was hoping that I could make it, but my hopes were in vain because just as I was about to turn around I caught a whiff  of that offensive smell again and it started getting stronger and stronger.  Just as I had feared, my not so sweet smelling friends strolled up right behind me.  

  I tried holding my breath... which turned out to be not such a good idea because just before the point of blacking out, my reflexes forced me to take in a gigantic breath of air hitting me with an even larger more concentrated dose of the smell.

  It seemed like a lifetime as I stood in that line waiting to get away, I tried everything I could think of to block that smell... in fact I was so desperate that I even tried passing gas just to change the smell... didn't work (mental note flatulence and weed smoke... not a good combination).  

  After several unsuccessful attempts to escape I found myself becoming calm...I didn't really think too much about anymore... until I got home and realized that I suddenly had the strong desire to eat a couple of candy bars and a bag of chips... 


  I'm still not quite sure what I learned from this whole adventure other than not waiting to the last minute to do something... and that times really have changed.  Used to be a time when people went out of their way to make sure that they covered up all evidence of the pursuit of narcotic entertainment, but these days the participants almost seem to wear it as a badge of honor.

  I didn't mention that the offenders were young females, which I found to be very disturbing... maybe I'm just getting old... maybe times really have changed that much...I might have to revisit this in the future... but right now the chips are calling me



later

higher