about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Still California Dreamin...


I woke up this morning really missing California.  I am really starting to get used to being back in the Mid-West, but there are just some thing about California that I really miss.  This morning I was actually missing the smell of the salt water.  I'm surprised to admit it, but I even miss the sound of those annoying seagulls.

 I guess what I have really been missing the most is the beach.  We used to have regular family get togethers at the beach.  I remember one weekend where we left early in the morning and went snow boarding in the mountains and we were back home and on the beach later that evening.

I remember sneaking away at night having late night dates with my wife on the beach.  Once while were out walking along the beach we weren't paying any attention to the tide and we were completely doused by a giant wave, which sent us shivering back to the car.  One thing I am sure of the next time I go back to California for a visit...one of my first stops is going to be the beach.