about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

It's Our Anniversary...

Okay, I guess I have been having enough fun for the last few days. As you know (for all my regular readers) my wife and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary this weekend. I knew I wanted to do something really special so like any good husband would do I took her to the zoo.

For those of you who happen to know me and the misses, then you know a trip to the zoo was perfect! A place for the both of us to go and hang out and have fun, but for those of you who don't think it was a good idea...first of all you have never been to the St Louis Zoo...it's awesome and second most guys have to do something extravagant or over the top for their anniversaries because during the rest of the year they neglect or overlook their wives...I treat my wife like a queen year round, I'm talking the works...breakfast in bed, 5 star lunches and dinners, foot rubs and sexy lap dances...the works...so when anniversary time rolls around our main goal is merely to go somewhere were we can just hang out for the day and enjoy each other's company.

Besides I thought the zoo would have been perfect because every time we have gone previously we have always had an entourage of kids with us...but not this weekend it was just me and her. We had a full day of playing and having fun like the big kids we are and we did it together...no phone calls...no interruptions just me and the Hawaiian flower I fell in love with 18 years ago.

I spent the entire day with a big smile on my face, and as we sat down to dinner later that evening I was appreciative of the fact that we still enjoy dating each other (although I probably could pencil a few more of them in during the year)

I learned a lot on our date at the zoo: I learned that we really were made for each other. I learned that both of us made the decision to "make it last forever" and that both of us will probably still be dating and behaving like honeymooners for the next 18 years and then some.

Looking back I am amazed at how fast the time has gone and at the same time I am amazingly aware of all of the joys, pains, battles, and triumphs we have gone through together...the loss of a child...losing our home and most of our material possessions starting over with nothing but each other and a few good friends...and 18 years later here we are still smiling and still loving each other.

It makes me wonder how people who have invested so much time and have experienced so much together can just walk away from each other...I don't know how they do it...the way I see it you can lose money...friends...things...and you can lose time...the first three can be replaced...but the last one can't no matter how hard you try. That's why I made up my mind long ago to not waste the time I that I have been blessed to spend with her.

18! 18 years of laughing and crying (mostly laughing so hard until we start crying) 18 years of adventures (some with old friends others where we made new friends) but most of all the Last 18 years have been filled with love.



Here's to the next 18 and beyond...