about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Playing Catch Up

Wow it seems like a lot of different things have happened in the last few weeks. I have been in and out of the office on extremely important business (I categorically deny any and all rumors about my absence being due to obsessing over getting Level 10 weapons on the Dynasty Warriors 4 video game)

It appears that Hilary is gone (or is she?) and that Obama has begun the search for a VP. I must admit that I was entertaining the thought of nominating myself for the position, and running a campaign similar to that of Pedro's (Napoleon Dynamite) I wanted to use the same campaign promise as well...Vote for Obama and Barry and "All Your Wildest Dreams Will Come True!" Unfortunately Pedro is being a jerk and is demanding royalty money up front for using the slogan...so I'll just have to put my VP Plans on hold for the moment.

Aside from my video game obsessions and my lofty VP dreams, I have been working on my book and finishing several writing assignments. I have also been working on a social experiment. I mentioned a few(quite a few) post back that I was going to conduct an experiment to discover who my true friends are. I figured that my true friends would continue to be my friend even when I tell them no...whereas the people who are pretending to be friends with me for what they can get or for what I can do for them, will disappear once they see their well has dried up.

Sure enough my phone calls from people have been getting less and less, which is a good thing because now I don't have to suffer through their pretense. Now my phone calls are mostly those of pesky telemarketers which I am starting to find quite refreshing. I like to play fun games with them especially if I noticed that they have called me before. I can tell when they are too busy reading from a script and not listening to me so instead of letting them bother me or getting mad and hanging up, I make them get mad and hang up...which is sort of a dilemma for them because they aren't supposed to hang up. If my number wasn't on the Do Not Call list, then maybe I would feel bad (pause...not) but they insist on calling me at all hours of the day and night so it's fair game.

Some of them eventually get the message and stop calling, like the young lady who kept calling me about a bill that wasn't even mine, I grew tired of trying to explain that she had the wrong person so one day she called and began scolding me about my responsibilities...I sat and listened...mistaking my silence to mean that she had gotten through she asked me "Now Sir...What are Your Intentions regarding this bill? I replied "I have every intention on paying this bill in full! I waited for her to breathe a sigh of relief before I continued..."unfortunately my intentions and my money are not in agreement with each other today!" She hung up on me and I haven't heard from her or her company since.

Other than weeding out friends and teasing the telemarketers (say that five times fast) I have really been busy, I have a few articles scheduled for publishing at AC Content this Weekend for Father's Day be sure to check them out. In the meantime I will be on my best behavior since it is Father's Day Weekend.

That's it for now gotta go there's a telemarketer on the line and I have some new material I want to try out on them.

Have A Nice Weekend!