about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

It's Alive!

These days I am feeling like Dr Frankenstein, in the sense that I have created three monsters, and just like Frankenstein's monster they are bent on my destruction.

Well maybe not, but some days it sure feels like it. Maybe that is just my overly dramatic way of expressing the fact that my children are getting older and bigger.

Since they were little, I have been playing games with and entertaining my children. Actually let me rephrase that, I have been playing with them and entertaining myself at the same time. However now that they are getting older, bigger and smarter; I am am being forced to move quicker and think faster in order to keep up my old schemes.

I was reminded of this yesterday when I challenged my son to a game of basketball. Now once upon a time I would let him run around and tire himself out, I would even let him get a serious lead over me and then at the last minute use my height advantage and kill him with 3 point shots. That was the plan yesterday...but it didn't quite happen that way, as junior is getting pretty tall and pretty fast as well. That kid had me sucking wind and I could tell by the look in his eye that he had every intention of humiliating me on the court. I didn't want to use it but I had to access my crazy side...the part of my genetics that convinces me to put off all pain until tomorrow and play like a crazy man. It worked barely I squeaked out a win 21-18. Looks like I'm going to have to start hanging out with Billy again and get myself into shape.

One of the other monsters I created is the Creepy Clipper. Since my children were little they have been trying to master the art of stealthiness. I am known for sneaking up on them and scaring them...I have the unfair advantage of a devious mind and 10 years of military service. I just love the look of surprise on their faces when I appear out of nowhere and scare them. For years they have been trying to get me, but my military mind mixed with mild paranoia always keeps me two steps ahead of them. Somehow the youngest one has mastered the art of getting close enough to me to clip clothespins to me, letting me know that she was there. This often leaves me looking foolish as I walk around in public unaware with clothespins clipped to my clothing or to one of my braids. Even as a type this I am looking at a pile of collected clothespins I have discovered clipped to me while sitting at my desk.

I would tell you about the other monsters but right now I think I hear one of them coming...but this time I will be ready for them....