about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Tangled In a Twitter Twist...


It would seem that Twitter was having a bit of a tech crisis yesterday evening. Apparently one of their servers went down and the systems began acting a little funny.

Their little hiccup caused me to be on the hot seat. The post before last I admitted to being a Tech Junkie, during my day I am plugged into to who knows how many social network. As a writer I I am always doing research, responding to comments and inquiries and sending out proposals and submissions so my Tech addition is partially justified.

When I am in the office I run a program like Digsby, that maintains all of my email, instant messaging, and social networking so that I can keep my work flow going without being too distracted, when I am out of the office I usually have everything sent to my phone.

Ironically, yesterday, with the Tech Junkie post still in my head, I decided to be unplugged while I was out with my family, so while we were out at dinner I sent a tweet to Twitter, telling it to turn of all tweets (translation: I told the twitter message center not to send me any updates or messages) I was expecting one text to come through signaling that twitter had received my tweet and that tweets were indeed turned off.

Unfortunately that is not what happened, my phone began ringing off the hook, literally it seemed like every few seconds there was a new tweet! I tried sending the "off " message again but it still didn't work. I didn't find out till later that evening that there was a technical problem with Twitter, but by then I was already in trouble. I didn't even think to turn off the alert tone...oh well another lesson learned.

This morning seems like everything is back to normal with Twitter...so far. Now all I have to do is something really nice for the misses...take her out to dinner or something...this time I'll turn the phone off! :-)