about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Ten signs that you are a tech junkie



Modern technology has come a long way. In fact it seems that before you can even get used to something there is a new and improved version available. Actually I remember one of my college instructors, telling me that usually once you buy a computer or modern technical appliance, it is virtually obsolete once you leave the store. It would appear that he was right, seems like there are new televisions and faster computers and better phones coming out every day.

With all of these modern day gadgets and techno devices, everyone is becoming a bit of a tech junkie. I was surprised one day when I came in late, or should I say early in the morning, and being the tech junkie that I am decided to check my emails, as my email opened, my instant messenger informed me that one of my contacts/friends was online. I thought to myself who would be up at this hour online, and I was shocked to see that it was my mother, who is the last person I would have suspected to be a tech junkie.

In any case it is getting kind of hard not to be a tech junkie, I wouldn't admit it before but I truly am one. What about you, are you a tech junkie? Can you go without being plugged in?

Here's Ten signs that you are a tech junkie:

10. The first thing you do everyday is check your emails.

9. You are walking through the store getting funny looks from people and you realize it's
because you still have the television remote in your hands.

8. You don't know how to use the microwave in the hotel room, because it doesn't have push
buttons nor a digital display.

7. The batteries die in your remote and you don't know what to do

6. When you are talking to people face to face, your fingers are texting along as you speak.

5. You are sitting across from your wife, I mean colleagues and you are instant messaging each other.

4. You no longer have any complete words in your vocabulary, just abbreviations like ROTFL,
LOL, BTW, IMO

3. You actually use the above abbreviations in your professional correspondence.

2. You can't find your way to the store 3 blocks away without the use of GPS.

1. You think Blackberry is a life saving device and not a juicy fruit that grows on a vine :)


So tell me...are you a tech junkie?