about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Boys Will Be Boys...I guess

Okay after taking a few days to think about it I think I finally can put my finger on what bothered me so much about the little boy who stole his grandmother's SUV and then went on a joyride with a friend.

I wasn't bothered so much by the fact that he stole the car, after all this isn't the first time that I have heard of a young kid doing that. In fact I recall a story from last year where an even younger kid was pulled over while driving in the early morning hours. The difference is in the intentions of the young drivers. The kid in this case first stole the car because he was mad at his mother, and second he expressed that he thought that it would be fun to do "hood rat stuff" with his friend.

As a child I did some pretty stupid things myself...but they were just that stupid. I can't recall ever doing anything where I actually knew before hand that someone would get hurt, nor have I ever thought that such things would be fun.

Ummm, now that I think about it that last statement isn't completely accurate. I do recall conducting an experiment with my brothers (but I'll save that for the next post) The point is that at 7 years of age children are extremely impressionable, I can't help but wonder what this kid has been seeing and hearing that has him convinced that being destructive and inconsiderate is the way to go...and it is even more troubling to hear him say that he knew that people could have been hurt or killed...but it's fun to do bad things.

I hope that this story doesn't just fade away...I am hoping that people are paying close attention because if the children are the future...we might just be in trouble.



----------------
Now playing: Kirk Franklin Feat. Donovan Owens - A Whole Nation
via FoxyTunes