about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Social Expirements are Fun...

I have heard it said before, that if you really want to find out who your true friends are, start telling them no. The people who are your true friends might be disappointed or even upset, but they will eventually understand and remain friends with you. On the other hand those who are merely around you for what they can get out of you or for what you can do for them, most likely they will get upset and seeing that you no longer have a purpose for them, they will cut you loose.

It's a perfect way to lose some dead weight. I wanted to do something crazy for my birthday, and since I don't drink or do any drugs, I came up with the idea to conduct a social experiment of my own, after all you can have the most fun at other people's expense, especially when they don't know what you are up to.

The experiment is basically to start saying no and being frank, with some of the people in my circle. Not everyone as some of the people in my circle have stood the test of time and have been there with me no matter what. I'm only targeting those people who I have my suspicion about, the people who only seem to remember my phone number when they need something, and the people who think I am the coolest as long as I am saying things they want to hear or things that they agree with.

I started the experiment yesterday and the results so far are both interesting and amazing, i can already see a big reduction in the number of emails, im's, and text messages that I normally receive. If this keeps up, my productivity during the day is going to sky rocket.

*****************************************************************************