about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Sports Gear: The New Gang Uniform?



You learn something new everyday! I guess I am a bit tardy to the party, I was just sitting and watching a video clip my wife sent me. It turns out that these days gang members are upgrading from the typical colored bandanna, to sports jerseys and baseball caps. Gang members are adopting sports team logos as their own and turning the team name into a gang related acronym. As a result of this uniform change many unsuspecting people are getting drawn into the gang violence for merely displaying their team spirit or for supporting their favorite sports franchise.

As I sat and listened to one of the young gang members talk, it became even more clear to me why we need more responsible adults interacting with our younger generation, serving as teachers and mentors, because unfortunately these kids are making things up as they go, and unlike the cowboy and indian games of yesterday, people die as a result of these games being played today.

I wonder how many parents are unaware of this and are dressing their kids up in the latest "gang attire" and sending them off to school. After watching the video with my wife, out of curiosity I did a quick web search and discovered that apparently some of the makers of the sports gear are not only aware of gang members wearing their sports gear; some of them are custom making their items to appeal to the gang members. How crazy is that?