about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Outta Control!

It used to be every once in awhile that you would hear about some kid being bad and disruptive at school. Then it progressed to the occasional occurrences where a kid or kids would show up at school and arrange an impromptu target practice. It would seem that with each new case that involves violence at school, the culprits are getting younger and younger.

I was actually shocked and disturbed to hear about a group of 9 year olds who plotted to assault their 3rd grade teacher. What bothers me is that these youngster were organized, having assigned each other task like look out and clean up after the dirty deed was done.

The plan was foiled when one of the students spilled their guts, officials found the kids prepared with a heavy glass paper weight, rope, a rusty steak knife and duct tape. The plan was to crack the teacher over the head and then tie them up and stab them. Apparently the students were upset because the teacher had scolded one of them.

It might just be my opinion, but things started heading down this track when kids became armed with information that said that parents and authority couldn't doing anything to them. I have personally seen little kids hold their parents hostage by threatening to scream child abuse.
I served notice to my children early on that I would prefer to be able to reason with them, but should they give me a reason I had no fear of knocking them the heck out! Having grown up under a heavy handed father I can't stand or tolerate the abuse of a child, but I think that we have lumped discipline of any kind into the abuse pile, and now we are seeing the results of it. Children at younger and younger ages are committing some of the most violent crimes and they do so with little to no remorse.

I used to complain a lot about the fact that my dad beat my tail on the regular, but on the flip side I can see now that if he hadn't...I am pretty sure that I would have been one of those evening news stories or worse I'd be dead!

I think we need to make an adjustment, I'm not for beating or abusing a kid...but we need to do something to restore some order. If a group of renegade 9 year olds isn't enough to get our attention....I'm not sure what will.




----------------
Now playing: Eric Cross - Rise Up
via FoxyTunes