about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Down Memory Lane...

Ahhh the good old days! It's almost hard to believe that my wife and I have been married for almost 18 years. During that time we have gone through a lot of changes, all for the better. We have been blessed to have been able to work together and grow together and all without driving each other crazy or killing each other. We have also been fortunate to have had several opportunities to work on the same jobs and more recently we have been sharing the same office space.

I'm not sure if she planned it purposely but I just realized that our current layout allows her to play footsies with me under the desk...(I wonder if sexual harassment laws apply here lol)

This past weekend, after a long week of working, we were just goofing around and doing a bit of web surfing. We were looking for an old song by Bobby Caldwell, during the search we kept coming across old songs we used to listen to. It was kind of funny to see how our tastes and musical choices have changed over the years.

We decided to have a bit of fun at our children's expense (it's a constitutional/parental right) We found a couple of slow romantic songs we used to listen to and then called our youngest to come into the office. She came in with a curious look on her face wondering what we wanted.

"Have you ever heard this song before?" we asked. She listened for a few seconds and said no. "Are you sure?" We asked her, listen closely, "does it sound at all familiar to you?" "No, it doesn't."

By now her siblings had came into the office and were curious as to the significance of the song and why we were asking about it. Just as the youngest was giving up on guessing, my wife and I told her, "You should recognize this song...after all it's what was playing during your conception!" "UGH! GROSS!" Too much information! With that the room was cleared, and my wife and I sat and smiled at each other. Mission accomplished :)

We sat and celebrated, gave it a couple of minutes and then called out "Oh children...come and listen to these songs...do they sound familiar to you?" In the distance we could hear the sound of feet running away.


Ahhh Children are so much fun!


The wife and I sat and finished traveling down memory lane, it's a beautiful thing...18 years and still on the honeymoon! Here's to the next 18


Do you remember this song...

My Dear by Mint Condition