about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

40 years later....


I have been thinking about the past a lot lately. As I am approaching my fortieth birthday, it is also been 40 years since the assassination of Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Maybe because I am getting older I am getting more nostalgic reflecting on things of the past. I was working on a piece for AC Content, I tried to filter through my thoughts on whether or not our younger generation actually "gets it" or if Dr King is just another good guy in the pages of our history books. You can read the article and discover my conclusion here.


As I sat going through my thought and reflecting on Dr King's legacy and contribution, I found that I also began reflect on my own contributions (or lack thereof) toward society. Have I done anything noteworthy or anything that would effect change?

Approaching the 40 year mark has me reevaluating some things. One thing I am discovering is that it takes a bit more work to do some of the thing that I used to take for granted. Even little small things like taking the time to relax and enjoy life seems like a task.

With all of the things on my "Have To Get Done List" it's easy to get all busy and caught up in working,and not stop to just relax and have fun. Somewhere in between making a mark and enjoying life, there is a happy balance. My goal for this year is to find that happy middle ground.

What about you...have you found it yet?



----------------


----------------
Now playing: Pigeon John - Life Goes On
via FoxyTunes