about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Easy Like Sunday Morning...




It's shaping up to be a fairly decent day, it's supposed to be as warm as 72 degrees. I have a pretty busy week ahead of me, so I think I will get outside and soak up as much of the sun as I can. In fact I think I will brush the dust of the grill and fire it up today. :)

I have less than three days to go before I hit the big four zero. I was chatting with my nephew about it the other day, he was teasing me and asking if I was feeling any "mid-life crisis" pressure. I told him not at all. To be honest I really don't feel any different. I have been making a big deal about turning forty, and for some people it is a dreaded thing, for me it is an accomplishment that I wholeheartedly welcome. The sad reality is that a lot of my peers have not made it to this point.

Recently I was troubled and saddened as I read about the passing of Sean Levert, who was only 39 years old, who in my opinion died way to young as did his older brother. So for me turning 40 is not something that I take for granted or even take lightly.

In 40 years of living I have survived being shot at, cut with a chainsaw, a heart murmur, being run over and left for dead to name a few things; and yet I am blessed to still be here enjoying life surrounded by thee most beautiful family there is...so I'm not dreading turning 40 I welcome it and say bring on the next 40 years cause I 'm ready :)




----------------
Now playing: Grits - Ooh Aah
via FoxyTunes