about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Billy Blanks Kicked my Butt...Now It's Time for the Rematch!!


Several years ago my wife decided that I oops I mean we, needed to start taking better care of myself. She enlisted the help of Billy Blanks to get me up and moving. I have to be honest I started off pretty good, after all I had done a little bit of kick boxing in my "younger" years.

I started off with the little introductory workout and it was cool, not too bad. I eventually worked my way up to the 20 minute workout he had and we were cool with that. Seeing a little bit of progress and the return of my youthful vigor and figure I decided to try for more.

Feeling confident I accepted his eight minute advanced challenge it was indeed challenging, but I hung in there. Then I made the dummy move, in a moment of excitement combined with a small amount of delusional grandeur I decided that I could take him on in his 1 hour ab challenge. I suited up and the match was underway.

I came out swinging and kicking... and kicking... and kicking...I'll spare you the gory details...but let's just say that Billy kicked my but right back to reality. I haven't spoken to him since, choosing to bike ride or nature walk to maintain my physical fitness. I hear him calling sometimes in the early morning as other people are hanging out and training with him...but I respond by turning up my headphones as I ride away on my bike.

I am starting to think that it is time for a rematch between he and I. After all I am turning forty, and am feeling kind of spry. In fact I'm feeling a lot like George Foreman when he came out of retirement to do a little butt kicking himself. Yeah...I think I can take Billy Blanks...you might not want to watch this...because this time it's not gonna be pretty!

Now excuse me while I go talk with Mr Blanks..."Hey Billy!" "Get Over Here!"



While I'm begging and pleading with Billy, you can check out some real martial arts masters: