about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

4 days to go...





I had a pretty interesting week. As I have been getting back on track with my own personal writing, I have been doing a lot of research and personal reflecting. Add to that my rapidly approaching 40th birthday, my youngest child became a teenager this week, my wife's birthday next month and my 18th Wedding Anniversary the following month. Needless to say I have had a lot going on in my head, which is turning out to be a good thing as I have a lot of new material for some upcoming articles to be published.

My reflecting was put on pause for a brief moment while I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we actually had a real earthquake here in St Louis. In my last post I joked about missing California and how the earthquake almost made it feel like home. :) I'm enjoying my time in St Louis, but there are some things that I really miss about California. Things like going roller blading with the family at the waterfront in Vallejo, Ca. Or making a run for a Loco Moco, at the L&L Hawaiian Barbeque. Most of all I miss just sneaking away with the wife and going to Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Just before we left Cali, we went there and were behaving like little kids running up and down the beach seeing who could catch and release the most crabs.

In addition to the places I miss going to, I also miss visiting with some of my friends and family members, we still keep in touch, but I miss those regular get togethers when we would have good food and enjoy each other's company. Hopefully during our travels this year we will get to spend a lot more time with them.

I had the privilege of being one of the writer's interviewed by AC Content producer Donald Pennington, the interview went live this week, you can see it here "Meet MMOG37." I also published a short piece a reverse interview of Donald. I also committed some of the things I have been reflecting on to print in the article "Memories of an Urban SAHD" I think you will enjoy it.

Question: Did you feel the earthquake the other day?