about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Earthquake!

For the last few months I have been missing living in California. Missing my trips to the beach. Missing driving up to the snow in the morning and in the evening being back down at the beach. The one thing I wasn't missing however was the tremors and the earthquakes.

I was sleeping kind of hard when I felt some serious shaking going on. My first thought was that I was having a dream that I was back in San Francisco. However when the shaking kept going I realized I wasn't dreaming. Since I am in the Midwest, the last thing I was thinking was earthquake, even though that is exactly what it felt like. I knew I wasn't crazy because my wife woke up also.

Still unwilling to call it an earthquake we chalked it up to wind or a storm or maybe even a low flying airplane. After a quick check nothing damaged I went back to sleep, several hours later I felt the same thing again. Checking the news I discovered that it was actually an earthquake, and an aftershock that was responsible for my early morning shake up.

Who would have thought, a 5 point earthquake in St Louis, MO. For a brief moment it almost felt like being at home LOL