about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Children Laughing...


Yesterday as we celebrated my daughter's birthday, my family and I had a few laughs looking back at some of the funnier moments over the past few years. As a parent one of the things that warms my heart the most is hearing my children laughing.

It's true that life isn't always fun, but when we have those moments we should definitely take advantage of them. I do my best to prepare my children for some of the hardness that they might face in life, and part of that is done by merely teaching them to look for the good and to appreciate the joyful times that God blesses them with.

I see so many people frowning and super serious, I wonder if they realize that a little laughter goes a long way. After all even the Bible declares that a cheerful heart (laughter) is like good medicine (Prov 17:22) Even medical professionals are starting to recognize the healing power of a cheerful heart.

I guess as always we are a bit tardy, as God has always known about this. I know he laughs when His enemies plot against him, and He has let us know through His words that it is His joy that is our strength. Lately though I wonder if He ever just sits and finds Himself tickled as He observes His children. I can't help but think that He does.

One of our traditions as a family is to have the birthday person give gifts as well as receive them, in keeping with that tradition, my gift to you today is the gift of laughter...there is always something infectious about hearing/seeing a baby laugh...my grandson would keep me entertained for hours merely by me saying "Yo daddy eats CHIPOTLE!" I still haven't figured out why that was so funny to a infant. In any case check out the following videos and have a good laugh.