about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Someone Is Watching You









As a kid I was always aware of the fact that someone was always watching me, whether or not I saw them. I knew ultimately that God was watching...but I didn't think that I would be seeing Him anytime soon so I could always overlook that fact. What I couldn't overlook was the fact that my parents always seemed to know what I was up to thanks to neighbors and family members who kept them up to date. It was like my parents had eyes everywhere.



  It was a different back then as well because my neighbors had no reservations about correcting me (both verbally and physically if need be!) There was great motivation to behave as you were liable to catch it several times from the neighbors the parents and even from aunties and uncles when they heard about it.


I have taken what I have learned and have tried to teach the concept of "Someone Watching" to my own children. I have been very blessed that while they were younger, there was always something happening to reinforce the concept and make it become a reality to them.






  On such example is the time we were out on a family outing skating and enjoying each other's company. A reporter for the Vallejo Times Herald saw us and took our picture. My children were thrilled to see their picture on the front page of the paper.




  On another occasion, after leaving church, we were sitting and having lunch together in a restaurant. I noticed a man staring at us. I didn't think too much of it. (we get a lot of those kinds of stares:) ) The man finished his meal and I saw him approaching our table. He introduced himself, shook my hand and then expressed how he enjoyed seeing us hanging out as a family and enjoying each other's company. Turns out he was the director of the State Fair, and after a few words he gave us free tickets to the State Fair and even paid for our parking. We went to the fair later that day and had a really great time.




  Those events and others like them have helped to reinforce and instill the concept that someone is always watching us...whether we see them or not. I think it is a concept that a lot more parents need to share with their children...especially in this technological era where everyone is looking to capture the perfect youtube moment!