about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

A Busy Week...

There were a lot of things going on this week, but fortunately I was able to stop and take a break with the family. I finally ended my strike against Regal Theaters. They have been on my hit list for a good minute. I'm all for businesses making a profit, but sometimes people get downright greedy!

Awhile back we had some major storms hit the area, the power was out for days. To make matters worse, something happened to the water during the power outage so it wasn't safe to drink the water from the faucet. As a result restaurants were not able to sell any soda or beverages that were not in bottles, this included the movie theater.

The movie theater was one of the few places that had it's power restored, so we decided to go and take in a movie. We didn't find out about the ban on beverages until after we had ordered a bunch of popcorn and other snacks. The attendant told us that they had soda machines in the vending area.

Now you would think that the Theater would look out for it's patrons, but that is not what happened here. I didn't even think to look at the price of the sodas, and I immediately began putting money in the machine, and that's when I discovered that the sodas were almost 3.00 for a small can of soda. Now normally I don't even trip off of prices, but this was extortion of the evil kind...they knew that there was nowhere else to find any beverages. So Regal Theaters fell off that day! I was so upset about it I didn't go back until this week, breaking my two year protest of their theater.

I took the family to go see Prince Caspian, which was a really good movie. Having read the books as a child I was really looking forward to seeing how close they would stick to the original story. I really enjoyed it!



*****************************************************

Back Again, Latarian Milton still on a Hood Rat Mission

I seriously hope that they really get this kid some help. Grandma finally said what most of us have already concluded...that Latarian is merely acting out what he has observed his parents do. I pray the next time we hear from him it will be something good.