about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Bad Boys...Bad Boys

Some of the recent projects that I have been working on have had me focusing a lot on my childhood. I had started traveling down memory lane a lot after being interviewed by Donald Pennington over at AC Content. (You can read the Interview here)

During the interview process and for some time afterward I began thinking a lot about my childhood, some of the things I had experienced good and bad and some of the stupid things I did as a kid.

My trip down memory lane was prolonged and intensified as I began approaching my 40th birthday. I shared some of those memories in a lighthearted article titled 40 Random (but true)Facts about MMOG37. Most of those memories were funny as I looked back on them.

The recent news stories involving kids as young as 6 and 7 years old stealing cars found my memories going in a different direction. Initially I was shocked and surprised to see such young kids doing bad things, however after the shock wore off, I began looking back at some of things I did myself as a kid and I came to realize that little boys are trouble magnets and if left alone long enough they will find all kinds of trouble to get into.

The old folks used to have a saying, "An Idle mind is the devil's workshop," and I have done my fair share of proving this old cliche to be true. This week I plan on sharing some of those stories with you, for two reasons; one as a sort of therapy for myself, and two, to prove that there still is hope for some of these little kids we see doing outrageous things, provided that there are at least a few people around them who love them enough to redirect their curiosity and help them stay and the right path.

So stay tuned...



----------------
Now playing: Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia - Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, Op. 55, "Eroica" - Scherzo: Allegro Vivace
via FoxyTunes