about mmog37

Husband, father, mentor, writer, and motivational speaker are the hats I wear, in a weird sort of way they all kind of fit together. I am learning all about life and God's Love through my everyday adventures & experiences as a parent. :) Wanna no more about me... Fun Facts about MMOG37 Twitter? Follow Me @mmog37

about this blog

This is my spot were I "think out loud." Often sarcastic sometimes humorous but always enlightening personal blog of mmog37. Enjoying this journey called life and writing about the things that influence my world the most...Faith, Family & Friends

Still Looking Back...

The closer I get to my birthday the more I keep looking back at where I have come from. I can't help but feel extremely blessed. I have seen situation after situation that God has truly delivered me, and true to His Word He has never left me nor forsaken me. I can also see many areas where I have grown and matured in my thinking process. It's kind of funny because as I look around now I see a lot more young people with that same faulty kind of reasoning I had. The good thing is that there is hope for them, so when I see them all ready to "flat blast" everyone that they think is doctrinally wrong...I just smile. Sometimes I try to talk with them and see if they are open to reason...but most of the time they are right and there is nothing anyone can say or do to change their mind.

In any case I am truly glad to be alive, to be here in a place that I never thought possible. I take nothing for granted because many of my peers are no longer here.


I started off talking about looking back, I was amusing myself thinking about some of my awkward/ironic moments I came up with five of my favorites:


5. Sitting at the computer last year, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, while reading a breaking news story about peanut butter contaminated with salmonella poisoning. Sure enough I had one of the poison jars...glad I bless my food first...and yep I finished eating my sandwich

4. After a major storm last year, I went outside to check things out. Saw a bunch of roofing tiles and shingles on the front lawn...I said to my wife, "Awww, some poor sucker just lost his roof" guess who the poor sucker turned out to be...you got it it was from my roof on the back of my house.

3. When my daughter was born at California Pacific Hospital in San Francisco, I was standing outside of the nursery window watching them give her her immunization shots. While standing there waiting, another family walked up to see their newborn. I was the only black person there, and my daughter was extremely light. I noticed that all of a sudden the family next to me stopped talking, out of the corner of my eye I noticed that at the same time all of them turned and looked in my direction and then back at the babies as if they were trying to figure out which one I was there for.

2. One calm warm summer night with absolutely no wind or breeze, I was woken up at 2:00 am by the police who informed me that a perfectly good tree from across the street had decided to drop one of it's branches on my car. The police didn't see the car because the limb was so big, he was just checking because the neighbors told him the car was under there. Thank God my insurance was paid up.

1. My all time favorite ironic moment. I was riding my bike home from work. I had just spent the last few months getting into shape. I ran every morning, and rode my bike to work and then back home for lunch and then back to work. One day I was riding home for lunch, I decided since I was being all healthy why not be safe as well. Normally I would ride right in the middle of the street...on this particular day I decided to be safe and ride on the sidewalk. As I was rounding a curve, some knucklehead came around the corner onto the sidewalk...hit me backed up and then ran over me and left me for dead on the side of the road...so much for being safe huh?




how about you got any awkward/ironic moments?